Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Princess Birthday Cake


So I thought I'd post the latest Birthday cake I made- (I always wanted one of  these as a kid!) It's the cake-as-a-dress with the doll poked in the top. It was lots of fun to do! I didn't have the official doll pan, so I baked the dress in a bowl. (Mary Jane loaned me the doll.) It came out about half the size it needed to be, so I just set it on a pie tin and frosted over the whole thing. Worked out pretty good i think. Good thing I had my daughter there who reminded me of the importance of accessories- " She needs earrings and a necklace!" 
Come to think of it, I think I will post the Buttercream frosting recipe. A couple of people have asked for it, it's the Wilton one you use for cake decorating, or just icing cakes. Lots of butter, hence the name, and very tasty.

1 Lb. powdered sugar
2 sticks real butter, room temp.
2 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. clear vanilla. (get it with the cake decorating supplies).

Beat ingredients on low speed till mixed, then whip with a whisk-type beater. Beat on high till light and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl as you go. Nice consistency for frosting/ decorating. 

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I'm sure she loved it. Someday I'll have to learn how to do things like that. I'm a little daunted by it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hailey, that turned out so fun and cute.

    ReplyDelete