Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pouding Chomeur

I needed to take some food to my final French class and asked Ryan what I should make. He said he had this pudding quite a bit when he was in Quebec, so I made it and it is sooo tasty! Everyone in my class asked for the recipe and made me promise to email it to them. Bon appetit!



Pouding Chomeur (Poor Man's Pudding) with Creamy Maple Syrup

52 min | 15 min prep
SERVES 12 (I cut the recipe in half when I made it--in a 9x9 pan)

1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cups milk
1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups 35% cream (heavy whipping cream)
1/3 cup butter

CAKE.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar till the mix is light.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
Alternate flour mix and milk to the butter mix.
Pour into a 13 inch by 9 inch greased pan.
MAPLE SAUCE.
In a large casserole, bring to boil the syrup, brown sugar, cream and butter and constantly stir.
Reduce heat and and gently cook 2 minutes or till sauce has reduced a little bit.
Pour sauce gently over cake.
Bake at 325°f (160°c) about 35 minutes or till cake is light brown and when toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment