Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Hamburger Noodle Bake
30 min | 10 min prep
* 1 lb hamburger
* 2 teaspoons minced onions
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 16 ounces tomato sauce
* 3 ounces cream cheese (I softened it in the microwave so it would stir easier)
* 8 ounces sour cream
* 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
* 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked and drained (this is where all my odds and ends from pasta packages end up; it adds variety, right?)
1. Brown hamburger, onions, and spices until cooked.
2. Add tomato sauce and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Mix cream cheese and sour cream.
4. In 2-quart casserole, put 1/3 noodles, 1/3 cream mix, 1/3 meat mix.
5. Repeat twice.
6. Sprinkle cheddar on top.
7. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
What I like about this recipe it that it is kind of like a lasagna (except you don't need to spend as much on cheese) and it is also delicious. We have had it a few times and each time my husband says, "Hey, this is pretty good." (In his defense for not recognizing it, I hate eating the same thing over and over so he doesn't see a recipe again for a few months...) For pictures, see Recipe Zaar