Friday, July 3, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you're like me, you have about ten different chocolate chip cookie recipes (which make ten pretty different cookies, despite having the same name). This version I had at a church function and they were so good I asked for the recipe. When I made them myself, they actually worked!! They remind me of the cookies we bought at swimming lessons when I was little. This recipe is from Ohio, so if you are at higher elevations you might need to adjust the flour.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
3 sticks margarine
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 to 1 1/2 bags chocolate chips.

Cream margarine and sugars. Add eggs. Add dry ingredients, then the chocolate chips. Drop on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for about 16 minutes or until firm around edges.

1 comment:

  1. I made these. They were very tasty. I added a little vanilla and did 1 bag of semisweet choc. chips and half a bag of milk choc. chips. I only baked them for ten minutes. It makes a lot of cookies, so I froze half of the dough. Mmmmm....that way I can have some later!

    ReplyDelete