Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hamburger Noodle Bake


30 min | 10 min prep
SERVES 4

* 1 lb hamburger
* 2 teaspoons minced onions
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 16 ounces tomato sauce
* 3 ounces cream cheese (I softened it in the microwave so it would stir easier)
* 8 ounces sour cream
* 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
* 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked and drained (this is where all my odds and ends from pasta packages end up; it adds variety, right?)

1. Brown hamburger, onions, and spices until cooked.
2. Add tomato sauce and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Mix cream cheese and sour cream.
4. In 2-quart casserole, put 1/3 noodles, 1/3 cream mix, 1/3 meat mix.
5. Repeat twice.
6. Sprinkle cheddar on top.
7. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.

What I like about this recipe it that it is kind of like a lasagna (except you don't need to spend as much on cheese) and it is also delicious. We have had it a few times and each time my husband says, "Hey, this is pretty good." (In his defense for not recognizing it, I hate eating the same thing over and over so he doesn't see a recipe again for a few months...) For pictures, see Recipe Zaar

4 comments:

  1. Liz, I am like you, I hate to have the same thing more than once a month, that's why I am always on the lookout for new recipes! This looks like one my kids would really like, I'll have to get ground beef next time I go to the store. (Do they have hamburger in France? I always thought it was an American thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I borrowed a nice photo from recipezaar 'cause I couldn't really picture what this dish would look like till I saw it. Hope that's ok with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the recipe (and Hailey's stolen photo) look great. Maybe Nate will even like it. He likes lasagna, but typically doesn't like my experiments with noodles and hamburger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! They have hamburger in France. I have to go to the big supermarket to get it from the frozen section. It helps to be in a big city! The picture is lovely. Much better than had I taken a picture of ours.

    ReplyDelete