Friday, January 1, 2010

Chocolat L'Africain


This recipe comes from a French recipe blog and claims to duplicate the hot chocolate from a Paris tea room. It is SO RICH. Be ready for a chocolate high. As the Web site says, "It tastes like a melted chocolate bar, an extremely rich concoction."

*3/4 cup whole milk (I just used what I had)
*1/4 cup heavy cream
*1 tsp confectioner's sugar
*4 oz/125g bittersweet chocolate, 72% (you can use any brand), chopped
*whipped cream

1. Combine whole milk, heavy cream and confectioners'sugar and heat over medium to high heat until bubbles appear around edges.
2. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate
3. Stir until melted (you may need to return it to low heat).
4. Serve with whipped cream. Perfect for dipping crusty bread or croissants.

1 comment:

  1. Liz, what a pretty photo! I made this for breakfast and had it with some crusty bread- so nice and chocolatey! I would love to make it for my sister who had a deep devotion to dark chocolate. Also, I think this would make a nice dessert. You're right- it's very rich but worth it!

    ReplyDelete