Wednesday, December 16, 2009

German Wedding Cookie (aka Pecan Balls)

This cookie is a Christmas tradition at my house. They are so easy, and SO GOOD!!!
Preheat oven to 250*
1/4lb. butter
2 T white sugar
1 t vanilla
1 C grated pecans. ( I pulse mine a couple of times in the food processor)
1 C flour

Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together. Then add pecans and flour. Mix well.

Use hands to make small balls out of dough. Bake on a cookie sheet for 30-40 min.

Let cool and then roll in powdered sugar.

4 comments:

  1. This is definitely going onto my Christmas cookie list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, Mrs. Rouglah! My mom used to make cookies simlilar to this, but called them Mexican Wedding Cakes. So, whose wedding cakes are they? I like your variation and we'll have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen them at Cosco called Danish wedding cookies, so who knows where they are from! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe! Worth trying once at home for just a weekend special day. Got a hand printed invite for my friend's sister bridal shower last weekend. It was a fantastic treat at NYC wedding venues with awesome food and desserts. Danced a lot and also got pretty favors ordered by them for all girls. Also seen her trousseau collection on the way back to home from party.

    ReplyDelete