Friday, November 13, 2009
I found this recipe on Recipezaar. It had almost 2000 votes of five stars, so I HAD to try it. I am glad I did because it is really easy and tasty.
35 min | 15 min prep
* 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
* 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon ginger
* 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I left out--I don't like hot stuff)
* 1/4 cup apple juice (or orange juice)
* 1/3 cup light brown sugar (I used white sugar because they don't have brown sugar here)
* 2 tablespoons ketchup
* 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
1. Heat oil in a large skillet.
2. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
3. Remove chicken.
4. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
5. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Serve over hot rice.