Saturday, April 30, 2011

Grilled Cheese Margarita


I came up with this idea when I didn't want to join my kids for some ramen noodles for lunch. It's so simple that I don't know why I've never thought of it before.

2 slice of sandwich bread
2 thin slices of mozarella cheese
1/2 a small tomato
sprinkling of basil leaves
sprinkling of garlic powder
butter

Butter one side of each slice of bread. Put one slice, butter-side down on a hot griddle. Add one slice of cheese, sliced tomatoes, basil leaves, garlic powder, then the next slice of cheese. Top with the other slice of bread, butter-side up. Toast on each side!

2 comments:

  1. My first thought was how in the world a drink could contain the ingredients of a grilled cheese...
    anyways, this will be heavenly when the Summer tomatoes start coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I should have thought of that. I was thinking of the Pizza Margarita that they make in Italy that has tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese. It was named after the queen at the time because it is the same colors as the Italian flag!

    ReplyDelete