Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Banana Berry Brownie Pizza
▪ 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch size)
▪ 1/3 cup boiling water
▪ 1/4 cup vegetable oil
▪ 1 egg
▪ 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
▪ 1/4 cup sugar
▪ 1 egg
▪ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
▪ 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
▪ 1 to 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
▪ 1 square (1 ounce) semisweet chocolate, melted
In a bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil and egg until well blended. Spread into a 12-in. pizza pan lined with parchment paper (you can try using grease and flour, but it always sticks that way for me). Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until combined. Spread over brownie crust. Bake 15 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool on a wire rack.
Just before serving, arrange strawberries and bananas over topping; drizzle with chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
The picture above was without parchment paper and the brownie was very hard to get out. I made it last night using parchment paper and it was so much better! That also allowed me to move it to a pretty round platter for serving.