Thought I'd share my family's cheese soup. The processed cheese and sticks of butter maybe equal the veggies pulled from the garden. Maybe. It's a great standby that screams Fall to me!
2 C. Carrots, diced small
2 Medium Onions, chopped
1/2 Pkg Frozen Green Peas
3 Sticks of Butter (no substitute)
1 1/2 C. Flour
3 Quarts Boiling Water
2 Tbls Chicken Bouillon
1 Jar (16 oz) Cheese Whiz
- Cook Vegetable in salted water, until tender.
- Set jar of CheezeWhiz in pan of boiling water to melt, or melt it slowly in the microwave.
- Heat butter in large saucepan, stir in lour and cook and stir until bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Add half of the boiling water to the roux (flour and butter mixture) and mix until well blended.
- Dissolve the bouillon in the remaining water. Add to other water/roux.
- Continue cooking until thick.
- Add melted cheese and vegetables.
- Season to taste.